Thursday, November 15, 2007

First Thoughts

Hello. I doubt I know who you are and it's hardly possible you know who I am, but I'd like to be polite. My name is Jacob and you can call me Jacob, or Jake--I get that a lot too.

I'm a large man--which is usually the cause for the word "big" to appear before the nickname Jake--at 6'3", 265 lbs. I'm slowly working myself down to 225 lbs ... hopefully by May.

I have a beautiful wife, two beautiful daughters, and two "interesting" cockatiels, or however that's spelled. One's albino and barely makes a sound. The other's normal looking and loves to whistle his own off-key version of the Andy Griffith Show theme. He loves to do this especially as I try to play the Chopin nocturne I've been teaching myself on the piano without stopping. I don't think he means any harm ... but he might just be out to sabotage me. We'll see as time progresses.

I also have a plaster bust of a human skull covered in Celtic symbols. His name is Leal. I'm writing a book about him. We'll see how it goes.

Anyway, I must get going. Later days.

No comments: